Monday, November 23, 2009

I Won the Prize






One day we heard that the Garden clob was holding a competition to guess the weight og the larger pumpkin. They brought ina 1 kilo weight . We got a chance to hold the weight in our hands before we had to guess the weight of the pumplin. We all had to write down our guess on a list.


The next week I got a marvellous surprise. I was one of six people in the school to guess the exact weight which was 10 kilos. My prize was to help to cook the pumpkin. First I helped cut it into thousands of little cubes. We also chopped up some of thepotatoes and onions form the garden to use in the soup.








We had a large pot and we made Pumpkin soup for over 20 childre. We also made pumpkin ice pops and baked some of the seeds and made a delicious snack.

We also went down to the staff room and ate wedges, pumpkin soup and the pumpkin ice pops. It was a fantastic meal.